Seeking a Financial Accounting All-Star to Join Our Talented Team
We are looking for a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager to join our team and young company. In this role, you will be responsible for financial accounting and reporting activities. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting policies and controls, identifying and analyzing potential accounting issues, and must develop and maintain a strong technical and working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and standards.
Furthermore, this position will demand attention to detail, the ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy, meeting deadlines, taking ownership of assigned tasks and establishing and maintaining good working relationships with different departments within the company.
This full-time position reports to the company's CFO and is based in St. Augustine, FL (candidates welcome from St. John's County / Jacksonville metro / Daytona Beach areas) with a 50% work from home option/possibility.
In this role you will be an integral part of the invoicing-; month end-; and year end close processes.
- Managing the Accounts Payable/Receivable Process
- Generating daily invoices within the financial system for client subscription renewals and new client onboarding
- Perform account reconciliations for month end process
- Analyze Accounts Receivable Aging to lead weekly Accounts Receivable meeting
- Responding to customer emails within the Accounting Inbox about any inquiries
- Create quotes and invoices for various types of labels that customers are able to purchase
- Keep large scale annual music tournament file of payments and total (TSSEC/UIL)
- Cash Receipts
- Applying Check, Credit Card, and ACH payments to corresponding systems daily
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Assist in the Month and End-Year Close Process
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Researching any variances that come to your attention
- Research of accounting, focused on US GAAP interpretation
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
- Draft, review, and update accounting policies maintained on the Global Policy Portal. Assist other departments by reviewing policies and providing accounting support as requested
- Research and determine the accounting for new developments as a result of changes in the business or guidance issued
- Preparation of accounting position papers
- Be the accounting liaison for internal team members re any questions or requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Demonstrated US GAAP understanding and competency
- Four years of progressive accounting experience
- CPA or CPA eligible (preferred)
- Tax accounting knowledge (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel Power User
- QuickBooks Knowledge (preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in analytics
- Flexible and ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- Keen eye for fiscal and business management detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
$70,000 – $75,000/year depending on experience level and track record
Application and Hiring Process
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Qualified applicants with proof of U.S. citizenship or established work visa are invited to apply for this position using our initial application form.
Once submitted, your initial application will be reviewed and you will receive a notification to provide us with your resume/CV for interview consideration. First round interviews to be conducted virtually. Final candidates will be interviewed in person at our headquarter offices in St. Augustine, FL. Final hiring offer contingent on successful background check and proof of work eligibility status.
CutTime, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace and we do not tolerate discrimination in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.